ETHOXYQUIN - Does Nutreco Canada pet diets contain Ethoxyquin?
Chemical preserves such as Ethoxyqiun or BHA/BHT can be commonly found in fats, Oils or Meat ingredients to prolong shelf life.
At our certified pet food plant, we only use our own blend of mixed tocopherols and herbal extracts and Do Not add Ethoxyqiun or BHA/BHT to any of our products or ingredients.
- High grade fats & oils that are preserved naturally with blend of mixed tocopherols (a source of Vitamin E) and herbal extracts such as Rosemary
- Chicken & Canadian sourced Fish Meals are preserved naturally with mixed tocopherols (a source of Vitamin E) and herbal extracts such as Rosemary
- All our Fresh Meats arrive fresh without ARTIFICIAL preservatives on the day we use them. It can’t get any fresher than that!
- Australian Lamb Meal is preserved naturally with mixed tocopherols, a natural source of Vitamin E
- Fish Meal we source from certified suppliers in the USA does have a trace amount of Ethoxyqiun for shipping stability and safety. (Nutreco standard on finished diets is well below AAFCO recommended maximum of 150 ppm, at 0.005% which is confirmed by our Quality Assurance department)
To maintain the quality of our products over their entire shelf life, a program of ingredient monitoring, supplier approval and addition of natural antioxidants is used by Nutreco. This ensures that the diets your pet consume retain their nutritional value and delicious flavour, and that rancidity of the product is avoided during normal storage and handling.